Surprisingly good results can be achieved by following a method outlined below.
It should be noted that many people fall for the ‘three card trick’ by trying to wipe them off with a damp cloth. This makes the wall worse creating a huge, dirty smear that is nearly impossible to remove...even if its a single ‘dustie’.
Follow this method:
1. Low pressure rinse the surface to remove the excess of grime....don’t try to clean the surface. A quick rinse is all that is needed
2. To about 2 pints of water, add half a cup of Feltpen Fadeout to make a detergent.
3. Whilst the wall is wet apply the detergent mixture by using a window cleaners bucket and broom and agitate the wall in small sections as you go. Do not let the detergent dry on the wall.
4. Immediately pressure wash the wall which should remove many dusties.
5. Any shadows of 'dusties' can be removed in the normal way with Sensitive Surface Graffiti Remover where it is brushed on and immediately wiped off with a damp cloth.
Excess agitation is usually not necessary.
3 Golden Rules
1) If graffiti is not coming off easily, you're doing it wrong!! You may require a change of tact or use of another product.
2) If you can't remove a little bit of graffiti, then you're not going to remove a lot. TEST FIRST before applying product to an entire job. This way you can determine if you’re on the right track before embarking on full scale removals.
3) If you're working hard, you're doing it wrong. Forget the scrubbing, blasting and any other abrasive measures. Put simply, either your products are working or they’re not. Any problems can be taken care of with the right technique.
Click on any of the icons below for more how-to's and advice