(BBSM) is a highly effective, economical, and biodegradable remover for spray can paints, paint overspray, grease, grime smoke, and oil stains as well as other marks on porous brick, stone, and concrete surfaces including cinder block, split face block, and exposed aggregate.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Easily rinsed with a small pressure washer requiring very little rinsing water. Any resultant run-off is a readily biodegradable gray water soap that can be left to biodegrade, recycled, or further diluted for use in gardens, etc.
- No shadows, no damage, no harsh scrubbing required.
- Pleasant-smelling and nontoxic.
- Safe and effective to use on all types of natural stone (such as limestone, granite, and marble), stainless steel, trees, plastics, and playground equipment.
- It may be used on painted surfaces as well as natural building surfaces after the first wetting surface with water.
- See product use instructions on TDS sheet for further details
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
REMOVING GRAFFITI FROM BRICK, STONE & MASONRY SURFACES
BBSM is applied to the surface with a nylon brush, broom, or pump-up sprayer, 3 times at 3-minute intervals, liberally flooding the graffiti/stain with the product. For typical graffiti, approximately three minutes after the final application, rinse using a hot or cold pressure washer (hot is best) at low pressure. If one is not available then a stiff nylon brush and bucket of water may suffice.
Agitation, as you apply this product, can be of great assistance. Continued experience with the product will enable the user to judge how many applications are necessary for varying surfaces and particular spray cans.
On older / thicker graffiti, patience is the key. Keep the graffiti wet with the product, as long as possible before rinsing.
Please READ TDS sheet for further instructions.
REMOVING GRAFFITI FROM PAINTED SURFACES
Some larger tags on pre-painted acrylic walls can be removed without damage using BBSM and the technique described below. Often, the best alternative is to color match and repaint, but if this is not an option, proceed as follows;
1. Thoroughly wet down the wall with a pressure washer.
2. Using a soft nylon broom and a rectangular bucket containing BBSM, apply and agitate about 10 square feet of the graffiti until approximately half disappears (the graffiti is dissolving and running).
3. Using low pressure, quickly rinse the treated area, and thoroughly wet down ahead to repeat the same on the next section. Approximately 95% of the spray can graffiti should be gone. If you find that it is affecting the underlying paint, you will have to shorten your initial application time. The reason you stop at approximately half dissolved is that the rinsing tends to remove another 50% more than you have.
4. Carefully spot clean any uncleaned areas using Sensitive Surface Graffiti Remover.
If the dissolved graffiti has stained the wall, a dilute application of Feltpen Fadeout will return it to its former glory. With this technique never use hot water! (It will blister the underlying paint). Please read TDS sheet for further instructions.
1 gallon of BBSM will remove approx.:
• 200 sq ft of typical graffiti on concrete, brick, block, or masonry surfaces.
• 80 sq ft per gallon on sandstone, limestone, and other soft absorbent surfaces (per 3 flood coat applications).
• up to 1000 sq ft per gallon on painted/coated surfaces. Exact coverage varies depending on the type of stain and the porosity of surface material.